The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies (ACRPS), in cooperation with the Arab Planning Institute (API), is pleased to announce that papers are now being accepted for presentation at an international conference on “Institutions and Development in the Arab Countries: Challenges and Prospects”, to take place on 28-30 April 2024 in Doha, Qatar.
Please find enclosed the Conference Themes.
- Deadline to submit a research proposal with an up-to-date CV: 15 September 2023.
- Proposals must include the title, primary research question, methodology, and outline of the proposed project. It should be between 250 and 500 words in length in either Arabic or English.
- Deadline to submit draft manuscripts (7,000-10,000 words, including footnotes and bibliography): 31 January 2024
- Completed drafts must follow the ACRPS Publishing Guidelines. Each submission must be a work of original research prepared specifically for the conference. It must not be an excerpt from a graduate thesis that has been presented or published, in part or in full, in any electronic or print format.
- Conference submissions will undergo a standard peer review process, after which successful applicants will be invited to participate.
- Workshop to be held on 28-30 April 2024. The API and ACRPS will cover all travel and accommodation expenses. Invited participants (no more than one presenter per research project) will be apprised of conference procedures, visa details, and other logistical information in due course.
- Participants will have the opportunity to publish final drafts of their research papers in Hikama and the Journal of Development and Economic Policies; or in other API- and ACRPS-affiliated publications, pursuant to the respective peer review and publishing guidelines.
Please send your abstract and CV to [email protected].